Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Assignment #2: CyberBullying (and Privacy)

1. Two actions that can violate someones privacy are: non-consensual distribution of an intimate image and voyeurism
2. Canada has many other laws, one is "Acts that hurt the reputation of another person", example, impersonation. Another law in Canada is "Acts that make others feel unsafe", example, blackmail.
3. Three examples on how you can report a potential crime are: local police agency, Cybertip.ca and Kids Help Phone (1-800-668-6868).
4. The section on "Removing pictures/videos" gives you a couple different examples on where to go when needing to remove pictures/videos. It even lists the steps on what to do for removing this media from the certain kind of website. Such as on Facebook, you need to state your age, that you're in the picture, state that you do not like it and want it removed and also let them know if you have sent the picture to anyone else. The section on "Getting emotional support" also has a lot of helpful tips for people that need help in these situations. It has a category for the most helpful people to go to and how to approach them such as: family, friends, safe adults and other services. It gives you helpful tips on how to deal with each type of person and how they might react to the situation.
5. A point from the "Manifesto" video that I liked is how they can actually help you get your life back. They can help improve the situation you're in and get you back in control of your life! I thought it was interesting on how they could solve your problem and were very welcoming to do so.
6. I think one way that I could help support the #ChangeTheStory campaign would be to share the information I know with others. Getting awareness about this campaign out there is good and very helpful. I could easily do so by verbally sharing information with friends or also using the hashtag on my social media posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment