- Some of the high-tech systems on automobiles today that were unheard of 30 years ago are stability and traction control systems, adaptive cruise control, and variable valve timing.
- Young people should have technical skills, and also skills in math, science, and communications.
- Some advantages of obtaining an education as an automotive technician versus other high-tech educational options are are; automotive technicians can begin their career after just two years of education, which allows students to get out in the real world sooner, with less debt.
- There are expected to be 237 500 jobs as automotive technicians and there is predicted to be a 30 percent growth rate through 2020.
- The automotive technician career is fairly immune to outsourcing of jobs (the services all moving overseas), unlike careers such as computer programming, accounting services, and customer call center work.
- Four positions that an automotive technician can hold in the industry are; with schools and colleges as a instructor, work in the technical services, high performance rebuilding and machining, and work in parts distribution and wholesaling.
- The automotive technician role is sometimes called the "portal career" because so many people have started their career in the automotive aftermarket as an automotive technician.
(Video)
- I like doing math, so I believe that some aspects of being in the automotive industry that I would enjoy are solving the issue for them. I would also enjoy the math that is involved.
- Something that I found interesting about this video is that there are so many different things that you are expected to be able to do as an automotive technician, such as electrical stuff, plumbing services, etc. Another thing that I found interesting is communication skills because you would often be talking to people in public.
- Life-long learning is an important aspect of any job, not just automotive technicians. The technology and electronics are always changing, for example our technology that we have at the moment may be considered "ancient" in 5 or 10 years. When speaking specifically about automotive technicians, the technology and electronics are always changing. Everybody has seen it, each year with a new car, there are tons of new technology involved with it, and the technician needs to learn about all the new things quickly to make the changes.
- Some skills or characteristics that an automotive technician should have are, to communicate with people, Math and Science skills, and the motivation to learn.
Certification in the Automotive Industry
- The NATEF is an organization that was founded to improve the quality of automotive technician training programs nationwide at schools. NATEF's primary focus is to examine the structure, resources, and quality of training programs and evaluates them against the standards established by the industry.
- SGS is an organization that was founded to help every person in the automotive industry improve performance and reduce risk. The primary focus of SGS is on the design, construction, and operation of motor vehicle inspection solutions all over the world.
- The ASE is an organization that was founded to improve the quality of vehicle repair and service by testing and certifying automotive professionals. Their primary focus is to promote excellence in automotive repair and service.
Jobs in the Automotive Industry
- I think that the job in the automotive industry that I would enjoy the most is the CEO of GM, because I'm good at telling people what to do. This is also a great job because GM is one of the largest companies in the world.
- The job in this industry that I would hate the most is probably a classic car restorer, because I know next to absolutely nothing about classic cars, I do not care about cars, and I also do not like working on cars.
No comments:
Post a Comment